Should I apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals even if i don't have 5 years living here?

Salt Lake City, UT |

I moved to U.S in 2010 because my family was scared of the violence that was happening in Guerrero. I was 15 when I moved here and have gone to school since. I was hoping I could apply for DACA so that I can obtain a job and go to college. Is there any possibility of doing this regardless of me not having 5 years here? What are my options.
Thank you for your answers.

No, without meeting all the of the qualifications, you would simply be wasting your money. Hopefully we'll get more positive changes in the future, but for now, you are not eligible to apply for DACA.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. No.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

3. WHy would you seek a program you know you do not qualify for?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. No. If your deferred action is submitted and it is found to be fraudulent, you will likely be placed in removal proceedings. No ethical lawyer would represent you in your petition.

This advise does not create an attorney-client relationship.