Should I apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals even if i don't have 5 years living here?

I moved to U.S in 2010 because my family was scared of the violence that was happening in Guerrero. I was 15 when I moved here and have gone to school since. I was hoping I could apply for DACA so that I can obtain a job and go to college. Is there any possibility of doing this regardless of me not having 5 years here? What are my options. Thank you for your answers.

Salt Lake City, UT -

Tracie Lynn Klinke

Tracie Lynn Klinke

Immigration Attorney - Marietta, GA

No, without meeting all the of the qualifications, you would simply be wasting your money. Hopefully we'll get more positive changes in the future, but for now, you are not eligible to apply for DACA.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

No.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

WHy would you seek a program you know you do not qualify for?

Gloria Cardenas Conn

Gloria Cardenas Conn

Immigration Attorney - Salt Lake City, UT

No. If your deferred action is submitted and it is found to be fraudulent, you will likely be placed in removal proceedings. No ethical lawyer would represent you in your petition.

This advise does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.