Should I apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals even if i don't have 5 years living here?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Salt Lake City, UT

I moved to U.S in 2010 because my family was scared of the violence that was happening in Guerrero. I was 15 when I moved here and have gone to school since. I was hoping I could apply for DACA so that I can obtain a job and go to college. Is there any possibility of doing this regardless of me not having 5 years here? What are my options.
Thank you for your answers.

1. Tracie Lynn Klinke

3

Best Answer

Answered . No, without meeting all the of the qualifications, you would simply be wasting your money. Hopefully we'll get more positive changes in the future, but for now, you are not eligible to apply for DACA.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . No.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

Answered . WHy would you seek a program you know you do not qualify for?

4. Gloria Cardenas Conn

Pro

Answered . No. If your deferred action is submitted and it is found to be fraudulent, you will likely be placed in removal proceedings. No ethical lawyer would represent you in your petition.

This advise does not create an attorney-client relationship.