Should i answer yes to question 21 part 10 on n-400

Asked about 2 years ago - Santa Ana, CA

i was in immigration custody before my court for 2 weeks many years ago , because of my visa was expire ....?
i don't know if custody count as jail or prison or not ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You need to disclose your having been apprehended by USCIS or legacy INS and having being detained for 2 weeks prior to being released on bond. Read the instructions of that Section on Form N-400. I would answer "yes" then explain during the interview. USCIS will be aware of the whole episode anyway, and it won't harm your N-400 application, thus be truthful and disclose.

2. Raphael Samuel Moore

3

Answered . The answer would be yes, followed by an explanation.

3. Sanjay Augustine Paul

3

Answered . Disclose it. I would provide an explanation as some of my colleagues have suggested on a separate page to explain the situation.

Best of luck,
    -Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.
  4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

3

Answered . A safe approach is to check yes and put an asterik next to the answer and write a note about situation on the form or on a separate sheet of paper.