Should DOEs be in the summons?

Hello and thank you for reading this post. I am suing a company an DOEs 1 through 10. In filling out the summons, should I include the DOE defendants? This is for CA state court. Thanks.

Yes--include it in the top left-hand corner (where the names of the defendants go).

Your summons must match, exactly, word for word, comma for comma, etc. what is on the caption of the complaint, otherwise the clerk will reject it.
If you listed DOES 1 through 10 on the caption, make sure it is on the summons.

Does are fictitious potential defendants whom you can identify later when and if you discover additional parties who might be responsible for your damages. It is standard practice to include Doe defendants when filing a complaint/lawsuit especially if you have reason to believe others might be involved. Later on, you can easily amend your complaint to substitute an actual name of a person in place the the Doe. I offer a free telephone consultation if you still have questions. Good luck.

Yes Doe Defendants must be in the Summons.

The information contained in this email is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The transmission of the information contained in this email is not intended to create, and receipt of the information contained herein does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between the receiver and the Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani or Jacob I. Kiani, Esq. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case after a more thorough review of client documents and case facts, and laws are complex and constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. By using the information contained in this email, you agree: (1) no attorney-client relationship is created between you and the Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani by your review or use of the information contained herein; (2) you understand that the information contained herein may not be exactly appropriate for your particular circumstances, and is offered for informational purposes only; (3) you understand that laws and the interpretations of them may have changed after this email was prepared; and (4) you can and should consult with an attorney before relying on any information contained herein.