Should DOEs be in the summons?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hello and thank you for reading this post. I am suing a company an DOEs 1 through 10. In filling out the summons, should I include the DOE defendants? This is for CA state court. Thanks.

1. Malosack Berjis

3

1

Answered . Yes--include it in the top left-hand corner (where the names of the defendants go).

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

3

1

Answered . Your summons must match, exactly, word for word, comma for comma, etc. what is on the caption of the complaint, otherwise the clerk will reject it.
    If you listed DOES 1 through 10 on the caption, make sure it is on the summons.

3. Stuart Gregory Steingraber

1

1

Answered . Does are fictitious potential defendants whom you can identify later when and if you discover additional parties who might be responsible for your damages. It is standard practice to include Doe defendants when filing a complaint/lawsuit especially if you have reason to believe others might be involved. Later on, you can easily amend your complaint to substitute an actual name of a person in place the the Doe. I offer a free telephone consultation if you still have questions. Good luck.

4. Stuart Gregory Steingraber

5. Jacob Iraj Kiani

Answered . Yes Doe Defendants must be in the Summons.