Should/can we hire an attorney to help push a house (we are interested in) through foreclosure more quickly?

Asked over 2 years ago - Anderson, IN

This home has been sitting for over 2 years. We have spoken with the existing owners at their new residence (buying on contract) about a possible short sale (not interested and filing bancruptcy for the second time). The foreclosure process was filed in 12/11, all parties were summons. Motion for default judgement was filed 3/12. Which was then followed with Plaintiffs motion for default denied due to Insufficient service. Third party service is insufficient. Hardy vs Maldonado (ind app. 1994)
Nothing has happened since 3/12. Would hiring our own attorney help push it through to the sherriff sale?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . Your best bet might be to contact the attorney that represents the mortgagee and let her or him know you're interested in the property to determine a course of action. His or her name will be on the Court record.

Related Topics

Property foreclosure

If you miss too many mortgage payments, your lender can start foreclosure proceedings to take ownership of the property, but it has to follow your state's laws.

Real estate

The term real estate means land and items permanently attached to it, like buildings. This area of law deals with who has the right to own and use these items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,035 answers this week

3,893 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,035 answers this week

3,893 attorneys answering