Should a Cuban national that arrived in the U.S. in 1966 file a I-485 under "Registry" or the "Native of Cuba" type?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rosemead, CA

My original I-94 was taken by the immigration officer when processing my new one. A new I-94 (two year) was granted in 2011. I have a copy of my original showing my entry date in 1966. I was never inspected.
My new I-94 has just expired. I submitted my I-485 last month prior to the I-94 expiration with no fees (I was told by the USCIS that as a Cuban, no fee was required) and it was returned to me for not including the proper fees. While I resubmit my I-485, do I need to have my I-94 extended (can I?) or will the I-485 allow me to stay here legally.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Cuban adjustment.

2. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . You are eligible for both benefits, but Cuban Adjustment is probably easier.