Should a Canadian citizen file for extension of stay or go back after six months?

Asked 7 months ago - San Antonio, TX

I am a Canadian citizen and on a B2 status here. The stamp on my passport says Admitted until 30th January, 2014. My husband is on H1b visa here. We are applying for his permanent residency in Canada. We don't want to stay away from each other and will move back to Canada when he gets his PR there. My question is if it is wiser to apply for my B2 visa extension or go to Canada and come back to get a new B2? Please advise. If I apply for extension, how many months they will give me?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . If you are on a B2 visa, you can seek an extension.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

Answered . Can apply for extension of stay. If approved, will obtain 6 additional months.

3. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

7

Answered . You may apply for an extension of stay in the U.S. The usual time given is 6 mos.

4. Angelique Giselle Montes

2

Answered . You may apply for an extension if you qualify. Usually, 6 months.