Should We get a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Munford, TN

My husband went to jail for domestic assault even though there wasnt any we were argueing in our kitchen and i scratched my arm on a knife in the sink that was blade up in a cup my husband picked it up cause it fell and the police busted my windows took him to jail I tried to tell them it was all a big mistake but they put in the police report that we both told them I was trying to kill myself but yet they left me alone with 2 small children..the whole police report is completely fabricated..what do i do?

Additional information

And I point blank told the cops when they asked me was I trying to hurt myself NO it was an accident and they asked me if he had put his hands on me in any way and I told them NO not at all they put in the report that I said he pushed me..but I told them right the opposite...

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jere Franklin Ownby III


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Okay, I understand you to say that you are simply arguing with your husband and then, suddenly, police officers broke into your house and arrested your husband for domestic violence. You clearly told them that you had injured yourself accidentally on a knife in your kitchen sink. You clearly told them that you had not threatened to harm yourself. But, for no apparent reason whatsoever, the police officers have decided to ignore what you’ve told them and they have written lies in their report that your husband was beating you and that you had injured yourself intentionally. You ask whether you need an attorney.

    Yes, lady, you sure do.

    If you want to discuss this further with me, send me a note. ~Jere Attorney Jere Franklin Ownby JOwnby@... more
  2. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Speak to his lawyer or get a lawyer..

    Does this answer your question?

    henry lebensbaum, esq.

    300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

    Andover, ma 01810

    (978) 749-3606

    420 Common Street, Ste 101

    Lawrence, MA 01840

    (978) 685-2690

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,118 answers this week

2,917 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,118 answers this week

2,917 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary