Should I contact a Lawyer,HUD,The ADA,The Dept. for Fair Housing Laws Disability,or The Dept. of Justice,to file a complaint?

Mount Pleasant, SC |

All of the above, suggest to call or write their office,so I'm not sure which one to contact.In addition to filing complaint,I am seeking some compensation or reward or reimbersment.as a disabled tenant,,whose landlord refuses to accomodate a request for a small change in policy regarding payment of rent without penalty. [in accordance to the FHAD/ADA]

1. Many civil rights claims can be pursued by filing a complaint, at no charge, with the Office of Civil Rights. Not knowing what you are trying to file, the OCR's website is a good place to begin your search for an answer. Civil rights claims can also be pursued in federal court (if based on civil rights secured by federal law and a federal court may even entertain civil rights claims based on state law by extending supplemental jurisdiction over such claims). As an owner operator of a place of public accommodation, the landlord is also subject to the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, depending on the nature of the accommodation you contend was wrongfully denied to you.

Please see the below links to educate yourself further on the laws and legal processes associated with your situation.
    Good luck!

Hans Gillinger
    Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates
    13323 Washington Blvd., Suite 300
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    tel: (310) 204-6624
    fax: (310) 204-6624
    Direct: (310) 279-5048
    Email: hans@bonniezyates.com
    web: bonniezyates.com

This is not legal advice and the within response does not create an attorney client relationship between this office/me and any other person or entity. Hans Gillinger Of Counsel Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates 13323 Washington Blvd., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90066 tel: (310) 204-6624 fax: (310) 204-6624 Direct: (310) 279-5048 Email: hans@bonniezyates.com web: bonniezyates.com

Civil rights topics