Skip to main content

Should I report this to DCF?

Miami, FL |

My wife auto tires need to be replaced. Nissan mechanics last month stated that the tires are fined. I check them yesterday, took pictures, they need to be replaced. I informed the Gal and her attorney. Her attorney is supporting her and she has not even seen the tires. Can I call DCF?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Most likely Nissan mechanics will be considered experts in the field. So their report will be given more weight than yours. I am not familiar with DCF in Florida, but you should think twice before involving governmental organization in such a matter. It may backfire. Discuss with your attorney first.

    Licensed in CA & NJ. Chapter 7 from $799 + filling fee Phone: 323-963-3331 The answer above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Have you spoken with your own attorney about this?

    You might think long and hard about how you will look to the GAL and the judge by reporting such a frivolous thing to DCF, in my opinion, based on what you have presented in your question.

    Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

  3. Because the Nissan mechanics stated the tires are fine, your wife has a good faith argument that the tires do not need to be replaced. So does her attorney.

    I do not recommend calling DCF over this.

    DISCLAIMER This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Jimmy Allen Davis, P.L.. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at or email me at

  4. Why not be nice and replace them for her for safety reasons.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics