Shoud I get an attormey for medical malpractice?

Asked over 2 years ago - Lawrence, MA

I was in car accident 9/2010. They performed two unstable surgeries which had to be re-done and and it caused me much pain and sufferering. I got an infection in there also which had to be surgically removed twice and twelve weeks of IV antibiotiotic. All totalled they cut into me 6 times. All the while sayig the blood work looks good. I think we can get your total hip replacement done. They finally did the total hip replacement 3/21/12. I am in chronic pain now doing my exercises folowing doctor's advice but it still hurts like hell.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert A Stolzberg

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Med mal cases are among the most technical forms of litigation. You need to hire a qualified attorney to help you determine (through an expert opinion of a qualified doctor) whether there was negligence and, if so, what damage it caused. Remember, bad results sometimes occur even if there was no negligence.

    Evaluating any legal question requires a detailed knowledge of the specific facts involved. Since a short... more
  2. Thomas J Callahan

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You absolutely need an attorney and need to call right away because of possible statute of limitations issues. Recommend Karon & Dalimonte, 617-367-3311.

  3. David McCormack

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Based on the information you provided, it is unclear whether there is a case worth speaking to an attorney about. I would need more details about the surgeries that you initially underwent and which had to be re-done. Infections are a known complication of all surgical procedures and the fact that you developed an infection would not necessarily indicate that you received substandard treatment. You may want to contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney who can speak to you much more in depth concerning the treatment that you've had to date.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,648 answers this week

3,021 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,648 answers this week

3,021 attorneys answering