Shoplifting Felony for Green Card holder

Asked 12 months ago - Smyrna, GA

Green card holder for one year and legal resident in US for 6.5 years (4.5 years presence in USA), currently charged with felony shoplifting (little above 500). What can be impact on my immigration status (now or later). What should my criminal defense lawyer need to know to dispose off the case? What should be the course of action? Currently planning to go via diversion program and pretrial intervention. Please advice.

1. Thomas Richelo

Answered . Instead of posting, you should use the Find A Lawyer feature of this site to get counsel right away. You ought not to be making decisions about how to proceed without legal advice, especially since, as you point out, you have a lot of questions.

2. Victor Ifeanyi Okeke

Answered . You should consult an immigration lawyer to work with your criminal lawyer to fashion out the best deal in your situation to avoid adverse immigration consequences.