Shoplifting Citation shown on criminal background check?

Asked over 1 year ago - Omaha, NE

I received a citation for shoplifting under $200. It was a first offense and I am an adult. No arrest was made and the charges will be dropped pending completion of a class by my court date- as stated by county attorney. Will the citation appear on my criminal background check? Is it appearing now? If so, for how long? Will the charges appear- even if they are dropped?

1. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

Answered . You are accused of a crime and the crime will be on your record for life. Best to hire a good criminal lawyer to have the charge not filed or get the matter dropped.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one.
  2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Yes