Shoplifting at target store

Redmond, WA |

I was caught at target for shoplifting stuff amounting to $120. I was arrested by police and told that i would have to appear before court. What is the best option option available for me in redmond, WA area to aboid this getting added to my record?

Some courts will accept a "Compromise of Misdemeanor" as a way to have the case dismissed. A Compromise of Misdemeanor requires the person injured by the act constituting the offense has a remedy by a civil action. First, your attorney must convince the store to accept the Compromise of Misdemeanor. This is usually a negotiation for payment for the items stolen and employee time lost on investigating and holding you for the theft. Some stores flatly deny a Compromise of Misdemeanor. If you can convince both the store and the Prosecutor to accept, the attorney need to convince the Judge. You make it through all the hoops and the charges are dropped.