Shopko Loss and Prevention compensation?

Hartford, WI |

Last week I was stopped at Shopko for stealing two headbands, two sports bras, and a pair of earrings. All adding up to less than $50. The police were called and I was given a citation for violating an ordinance. In addition to this $120.99 citation I was told I will be getting a civil demand letter. How much will i have to pay the Shopko Loss and Prevention people? If i get ticket i dont understand why i wouldnt have to pay them also. Im only 16 if that matters at ll.

please help me!

You may or may not get a demand letter from Shopko. Shopko may be entitled to recover from you the costs of recapturing assets, restocking, etc.; however, the cost shouldn't be that much, and the fact that you are underage may prevent them from doing so.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

Juvenile law topics