Shock probation is that bad heard there to stricted and will find a way to get u back in jail?? And if u mess up u do full time?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

After the 6 months I got to go apply for him shock probation? Of he does from in there? How long does that take? And will he be on monitor or just supervised? Thank you ~ Michelle

1. Carmine John Giardino

2

Answered . its all up to the judge

2. Richard Timothy Jones

2

Answered . Shock probation is not a walk in the park. It is better than the alternative which is generally a much longer prison sentence. The person getting shocked gets a prison sentence. Four or five months after the person has been sentenced, the person is brought back to court. In twenty years of being an Austin criminal defense attorney, I have NEVER had a client not come back from shock.

Austin Felony Lawyer
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Cynthia Russell Henley

2

Answered . Shock probation has all the same restrictions and requirements as any other kind of probation. The conditions are set by the judge of your court, just as if you received probation initially instead of a prison sentence.

Many people believe that all probations are set up for failure, and for those who do not wish to fully comply, they are right.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

4. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . An attorney needs to file a motion for shock. There are specific deadlines that must be followed. Non-attorneys cannot file motions with the court (without being indicted). If the motion is granted, he is placed on probation just like anyone else.