Shock probation is that bad heard there to stricted and will find a way to get u back in jail?? And if u mess up u do full time?

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

After the 6 months I got to go apply for him shock probation? Of he does from in there? How long does that take? And will he be on monitor or just supervised? Thank you ~ Michelle

its all up to the judge

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

Shock probation is not a walk in the park. It is better than the alternative which is generally a much longer prison sentence. The person getting shocked gets a prison sentence. Four or five months after the person has been sentenced, the person is brought back to court. In twenty years of being an Austin criminal defense attorney, I have NEVER had a client not come back from shock.

Austin Felony Lawyer
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

what do you mean by never had a client "not come back from shock?"

Yes wat do u mean ? U mean there granted shock probation?

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

I "think" he means that once his client had a taste of prison and got out on shock, they never wanted to go back! They were "shocked" at what they could be doing more of (prison time). It's like on "beyone scared straight" where kids talk big until they see what prison is all about. Once someone who has never been to prison does 6 months and is "shocked" they never want to return and start doing better things with their life.

Ok I get it thanks.:) another ? I really need him home. So it be better to do shock right? He's shocked already. But he has to be in there approx 6 months at least correct?

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

He does not have to be there for 6 months.

So I can hire a lawyer to do shock prob. And within 6 months I should hear something??

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

correct

Awesome thanks! A little hope .. Do u no if shock probation is usually granted?

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

what is the charge?

Burg/habitation no criminal background 1st offence

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

who is the judge?

Lori Valenzuela

What do you think?

Plz get bak ty

Shock probation has all the same restrictions and requirements as any other kind of probation. The conditions are set by the judge of your court, just as if you received probation initially instead of a prison sentence.

Many people believe that all probations are set up for failure, and for those who do not wish to fully comply, they are right.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

Can't answer the question unless you tell us how many years the sentence was for. If he got 7 months state jail, it's better to sit it out. If he got 10 years, that's another story.

He got 4 yrs

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

what is the charge?

Burg/habitation 1st offence no criminal background

?

An attorney needs to file a motion for shock. There are specific deadlines that must be followed. Non-attorneys cannot file motions with the court (without being indicted). If the motion is granted, he is placed on probation just like anyone else.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

So to my understanding its best to start looking for a lawyer to start shock probation?