Shock probation is that bad heard there to stricted and will find a way to get u back in jail?? And if u mess up u do full time?

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

After the 6 months I got to go apply for him shock probation? Of he does from in there? How long does that take? And will he be on monitor or just supervised? Thank you ~ Michelle

1. its all up to the judge

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

2. Shock probation is not a walk in the park. It is better than the alternative which is generally a much longer prison sentence. The person getting shocked gets a prison sentence. Four or five months after the person has been sentenced, the person is brought back to court. In twenty years of being an Austin criminal defense attorney, I have NEVER had a client not come back from shock.

Austin Felony Lawyer
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Shock probation has all the same restrictions and requirements as any other kind of probation. The conditions are set by the judge of your court, just as if you received probation initially instead of a prison sentence.

Many people believe that all probations are set up for failure, and for those who do not wish to fully comply, they are right.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

4. An attorney needs to file a motion for shock. There are specific deadlines that must be followed. Non-attorneys cannot file motions with the court (without being indicted). If the motion is granted, he is placed on probation just like anyone else.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.