She received Permanent Resident with Category IR6 (10 years) - Can She loose since our marriage is in jeopardy ?

Orlando, FL |

Received her permanent card IR6 (10 years) this January but her & I are seeking marriage counseling almost every week. We are scared to loose her permanent residence if I divorce her (I have a U.S Passport..) Please help. Thank you

If she has an IR6 card, then she is not a conditional resident. Although she's not required to prove up the marriage, it may be scrutinized when she goes to naturalize. If you married in good faith but are just incompatible, make sure that's what the divorce record reflects and be there for her when she has her natz interview.

2. Only if the marriage is fraudulent.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. No

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.