Sexual Harassment in the workplace - Boss attacked me

Lawrenceville, GA |

My boss and I were the only ones at work when he called me into his office. We talked for a few minutes, then he started grabbing my boobs. He tried taking my shirt and pants off, while the whole time i was fighting him off. I have no physical evidence of what happened and he was not able to rape me; and it's his word against mine. I already filed a police report, but they told me it would take up to 6 months before something happened. I was just planning on resigning from work and leave it at that. What should I do?

Use the "find a lawyer" tool to find a local plaintiff employment attorney immediately. Many give free consultations, check beforehand.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Get thee to an employment lawyer immediately!

This answer is provided by The Law Offices Of Josh Friedman--312-886-0277. This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.

That is a terrifying and horrible experience to go through. To echo the other responses, you should contact an employment lawyer to discuss your rights and options. Our firm, along with many other excellent firms in Atlanta, would be more than happy to help.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes