Skip to main content

Sex/Physical Abuse

Houston, TX |

If a child was physically and sexually abused by parents as a minor, and the child is now 20, and there is a history of complaints for abuses with the the courts, but the DA lost evidence (intake video where the sexual assault officer even wanted to move forward with criminal charges) and refused to file charges criminally against the parent, yet the child suffers mental illnesses as a result, and there are photos of the physical abuse and he admitted it in family court, but she cannot afford an attorney, how can she sue him civilly for damages suffered since she lost so much and suffered shame and now diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and anxiety as a result? Her parents have a lucrative business. Plus her doctors and even Social Security believes the child's evidence?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Your statute of limitations may have run when you turned 20. I'm not sure. This is a personal injury question.

    This does not establish an attorney/client relationship

  2. This would be a personal injury case. The adult who committed the assault would need to have assets to entice an attorney to take the case. The parents of the adult who committed the offense are not really relevant.

Child abuse topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics