Sex offender and child custody.

Asked over 2 years ago - Lansing, MI

My boyfriend is a sex offender. He is currently on probation for the crime. He has permission from his probation officer to be around my children, and I am always there when he is around them. My question is can my children's father take my kids away from me? Or what would be the most likely outcome if he took me to court about it? My boyfriend does not live with me and he only stays over on nights when my children are with their father. My boyfriend has never showed any ill intentions towards me or my children. Is there anything else I should be aware of moving forward as well? Thank you in advance. We live in Michigan and he is a Tier II offender.

1. Scott Matthew Nichol

1

Answered . It would depend if the father wants to change the custody situation and what the specific offense your boyfriend was convicted of. I would suggest contacting an attorney to discuss the issue in further detail.

2. James T. Weiner

Answered . All child custody decisions are based upon what is in the best interest of the child...

It sounds like you are a loving caring mom and taking precautions.. but no matter what your decision to continue seeing your boyfriend with his past and minor children might be used against you..

There is no way anyone can tell what decision a judge will make about this situation.. there are too many other factors involved..