Settling a permanent soft tissue I jury of the neck and back from no fault rear ended MVA what is fair settlement bills $9000.09

Pana, IL |

Permanent injury soft tissue they want to give me $16,000 then I pay the $9000.00 bills and be done....I suffer pain everyday and tKe prescription pain and muscle relaxers daily just to get through the day...doesn't seem fair for a no fault accident rear ended from a girl that totaled another car 2 weeks prior

These cases are very fact specific but if you have a permanent injury this sounds very low. Consult a local attorney from this Board.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee in contingency cases

Every case is unique. There is no set answer. Contact an injury lawyer for guidance. Otherwise it's guesswork.

Stephen L. Hoffman
Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
Chicago, IL
773-944-9737
Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
Website: www.hofflawyer.com
Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Stephen Laurence Hoffman

To put a bit more of a fine point on it, we get these types of questions all the time. There are a zillion different factors that determine how a case may be valued, among them, the adjuster, the insurance company, the policy limits, the injury, the medical treatment, the amount of damage to the vehicles, the liability and comparative negligence, and whether you are represented by an attorney, and, if so, by whom. And several dozen more. You simply cannot compare one case to the next, determine a "fair" settlement, or know much of anything without an in-depth analysis of your exact injury and treatment, evaluation of any previous injuries to the same part of the body, your age, how soon you were treated, who treated you, what the future looks like medically for you, what your profession or station in life is, and what medical liens or subrogation amounts must be repaid. Believe it or not, there is something of value to having someone who does this professionally handle your case. I urge you to call a lawyer, although if you have already negotiated on your own, I fear you probably already provided a statement and made some other errors. Please understand that insurance companies are not in the business of being "fair;" they are in the business of making money. They make money when they pay little money on claims that deserve more, but they are not motivated to do so without a lawyer willing to go to trial on that case. I hope this makes some sense to you.

If you are trying to handle this case by yourself, you could be making a mistake. If you feel the offer is not fair, you are not obligated to accept it. At the very least, you should consult with a personal injury attorney.

There is no way to provide an answer without knowing a lot more about the collision as well as the medical bills, past and future. There are also issues with how much needs to be paid on the medical bills. You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

My firm handles cases out of Springfield. If you get your medical records and bills, we would be glad to give a free, no obligation consultation.

Bottom line is don't handle this without a lawyer or you will sabotage your good claim. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

I am not aware of any local firms that will take a case for less than a third, especially with prior offer, and which very well may require litigation. The questioner is welcome to search but should remember the old phrase that 'you get what you pay for.'

You really should hire an injury victims attorney to represent you in obtaining the maximum that you can receive. It sounds like they are short-changing you substantially. However, without an attorney on your side, they are not likely to ever take your case seriously. Good luck.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Burtonap@aol.com (219) 836 2200

Insurance company profits are driven by paying less than a full value on claims, particularly the claims of unrepresented injury victims. Talk to a local lawyer. If nothing else, you will be armed with more information on a fair value for your claim. It is very likely a lawyer will help you on a contingency fee basis, and you will have no out of pocket costs. One other factor of critical importance is that a lawyer may be able to negotiate a significant reduction in the medical bills that have to be reimbursed, which puts more money in your pocket.

My practice is in Decatur. Feel free to call if you'd like to discuss further.

Luke D. Kazmar

Luke D. Kazmar

Josh makes numerous observations that are lacking in the other answers. I encourage Asker to read them closely, as they cannot be overlooked.