Serving Criminal Trespass Warning

Can a property owner hand-serve a Criminal Trespass Warning on the person by handing a copy of the warning to him in public? If yes, does the property owner then need to fill in an affidavit at the courthouse/deputy sheriff saying that the CTW was served?

Atlanta, GA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

I would use a properly recognised Server in your area for a more legally appropriate practice.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.