Service of Claim for Return of Personal Property?

As to a 'Claim for Return of Personal Property' made for the return of tenant's property (pursuant to CA Civil Code 1965), should it be served on landlord or landlord's attorney? Must it be served via certified mail?

El Monte, CA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Real Estate Attorney - San Marino, CA

I assume you are the former tenant?

Serve the letter on the landlord.

It is not essential, but highly recommended that you either send the letter via certified mail, or ask for a receipt if you deliver it in person.

Here is a sample:

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.