Skip to main content

Served in Udorn, Thailand from 1971 to 1972. Was diagnosed with neck cancer in 2005. Am a non-smoker. Am I a candidate for comp

22554 |

Operated as Morse code interceptor in a perimeter protected bunker manned by the Thai Army. Who should I contact.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. 1. Contact avvo and request they remove your personal information. This is an open public forum and you may receive all manner of communication from unwanted sources.

    2. Assume you are asking about veterans benefits. You will need to contact the VA and start the long and frustrating process of determining whether your cancer is service connected. Nothing in your post indicates it would be, but that is for the Doctors and the VA to assess. There are attorney's who practice Veterans Benefits and you may want to speak with one in your area.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

  2. This is NOT a WC question. Make an inquiry to the VA.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:

  3. I am not an expert in military benefits however I cant see a claim being made for workers compensation. Please contact an atty that specializes in military disability.

  4. It is doubtful that you would be entitled to workers compensation because there does not appear to be any relationship between your neck cancer and your military service. In addition, you may be too late to file a claim now. You need to discuss this with an attorney familiar with Veterans affairs and/or Federal Workers' Compensation.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics