Skip to main content

Seperated and live in a new state.

San Antonio, TX |

I am seperated from my spouse who lives in San Antonio, TX. I moved back home with my parents in NYS after a terrible fight. Do I have to keep him on my Auto policy?

Attorney Answers 2


You are not required to keep him on your auto insurance.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law that should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful


If a petition has been filed in a Texas court, then the court automatically subjects both parties to the local Standing Orders. During the time that the standing orders are in effect, you cannot change insurance coverage, without the court's permission.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics