Skip to main content

Separation of Employment Agreement

Kent, WA |

After 19 years, my employment was recently terminated. I received a 'Separation of Employment Agreement and General Release' document from my ex-employer requesting my signature before they are willing to pay any severance. Should I have a lawyer review this before I sign it???

Attorney Answers 1

  1. ABSOLUTELY! Go to for a list of qualified employment lawyers. You may actually be able to negotiate additional severance, depending on the facts of your situation. Good luck!

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics