Separation agreement states that i shall receive an aggregate amount of $1200 twice per month.

Cincinnati, OH |

does this mean i get 1200 per month or 1200 twice a month?

1. Aggregate usually means the total of a collection. So you are either going to get many payments that must add up to $1,200 twice a month. Or, more likely, you are will be receiving two payments a month that total $1,200. If you are still uncertain, talk to your attorney. Sounds like the language is a bit confusing. Good luck!

Mr. Andersen's answers are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and are based on only the limited information provided in the question. Thus, his answers should not be considered as legal advice, and persons seeking legal advice should contact Mr. Andersen directly and/or another attorney with a law license in the state in which your situation arose. Mr. Andersen is licensed to practice law in Ohio.

2. See my answer to your question in the other posting, I believe you may have accidentally double posted.

Answers given by Chase R. Carter, partner at Carter and George LLC do not constitute legal advice. Answers given do not constitute legal advice and any person having a legal question should contact counsel immediately. Mr. Carter is a private attorney that is available for hire after first consulting with Mr. Carter and negotiating a fee arrangement and signing an engagement letter. Mr. Carter is able to be contacted by visiting his firm's website at www.carterandgeorge.com or calling 740 634 3110. No legal relationship and/or legal representation is established by answering questions on Avvo. Answers given are for purely educational purpose. No information given is protected by attorney client privilege and any person asking such questions is strongly encouraged to contact legal counsel before pursuing any legal matter.

3. Weird way to word but I read it as a total of $1200 per month. Say $600 on the 15th and 30th of each month for example.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

4. It sounds like it means you will receive a total of $1200 per month and that you will be receiving this in two $600 payments for the month. The wording is confusing so if you have any doubts, please consult with an attorney. If you have not already signed the agreement yet, you should probably have the wording revised so it is clearer.

http://stanprowse.com/family-law/spousal-support