Separated, learned husband married me knowing he had "alternative" interests. What custody/property rights do I have?

Asked 12 months ago - Quakertown, PA

Secretly playing out his "alternative" interests which I finally learned about after 15 years, I asked him to leave after attempts at family counseling. I have full custody of two young children and he has maybe one to two weekends a month. We have no "official" separation docs, but agreed in writing to each other on custody wishes and financial responsibilities. He now wants me to sell our house and is trying to say he can raise the children any way he wants when they are with him, which many times is against our previous mutual agreements on child-rearing. What rights do I have to about being forced to sell my children's home, letting him claim one child on his taxes and allowing the children to see their dad but making sure they are cared for properly?

1. Kathryn L. Hilbush

Pro

4

Answered . The greatest right you have in this situation is to consult as soon as possible with an experienced family law attorney in your area. You need a face to face consultation because you have so many issues and interests that need to be discussed, far too many to be addressed on this forum.

2. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

1

Answered . You have a lot of concerns that need yo be addressed. You really should consult with an attorney to explore your rights. Many offer free consultations.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . How could he 'force' you to sell your home? Recommend you sit down with a family law attorney and discuss all your circumstances and objectives.