SEO and website promotion

Rockville Centre, NY |

I have a blog website that I am looking to promote using search engine optimization. The content of the blog is related to braces and orthodonture. I am looking to promote by doing article and video submissions of topics related to braces to different directories. Is there any legal liability with this? I would have another blog set up on another site posting similiar content. However I would not have a terms of use and disclaimer like I have on my main site. I have a s corp as well as cyber, media and general liability insurance. I am looking for any advice on doing SEO (search engine optimization) with limiting my legal liability.

This is about your thousandth question that asks essentially the same thing. You have apparently concluded you do not need to hire an attorney to help you set up your business or to advise you on how to manage your business. That is a significant error in judgment -- an error that predicts a very poor future for your business. If setting up this business is worth your time then it's worth doing right. Hire your own business attorney licensed to practice in your state.

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

very good advice

Maurice N Ross

Maurice N Ross

Indeed this is good advice. This "asker" has flooded this web-site with questions over the past few months, but he is going to get into big trouble unless he retains counsel---and I can see from the questions that he does not have an intuitive understanding of legal matters---which makes it almost certain that he will get into big trouble without legal counsel.

Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Yup.

I think you can limit your liability with some well written disclosures, such as "This is for informational purposes only. I'm not giving advice. Your individual circumstances may vary. Please seek the advice of your own professional so that a thorough interview can take place to ascertain the many possible facts and issues that may affect your own individual circumstance."

And here's my own disclaimer to you:

"This is for informational purposes only. I'm not giving you legal advice because I am not your attorney. Your individual circumstances may vary. Please seek the advice of your own professional so that a thorough interview can take place to ascertain the many possible facts and issues that may affect your own individual circumstance."

Best of luck to you.

I am not your attorney. Contact an attorney for advice immediately.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

great counsel

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

That was humorous. Of course you should not rely on my comedic commentary as it is merely informational and your individual sense of comedy may vary according to your individual circumstances.

Asking multiple ways on the free site, will just get you the same answer. Find an attorney to help you. It is a good relationship to have moving forward anyways. Good luck.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law -- thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com

Advice: Hire an attorney. Right now your lawyer has a fool for a client. Asking a thousand questions won't change it.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

Maurice N Ross

Maurice N Ross

I love how it is often the dentists and doctors who think they can represent themselves---and in my experience these guys have terrible instincts when it comes to legal matters. There is a certain arrogance here that leads folks in the medical profession to believe that somehow they are smarter than the lawyers. I know that I need to go to the doctor and cannot treat myself, and these guys need to learn that this cuts both ways.

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Agreed. My Dad, brother and sister are all MDs and so I can relate to that. When I graduated from law school Dad sent me a wall hanging with a family of sheep, all white facing forward and one black sheep facing backward. I stitched "Medical Malpractice Lawyer" and moneybags on it and sent it back. He returned it with empty pockets hanging out of the white sheep. I took all that extra stuff off but still have it on my office wall to remind me of just what you noted.

Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Bruce, that's hilarious. Your family has a great sense of humor.

Stop spamming, hire a lawyer.

The author is a Maryland attorney; however no answer given on Avvo is intended as legal advice or intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Dan's expertise lies in the electronic entertainment (video game) industry, as well as complex internet law issues, electronic free speech, entertainment law, copyright and trademark law, and computer fraud. He primarily represents game developers and founders of emergent internet technologies.

Internet law topics