Skip to main content

Sentencing hearing was thrown out with trial, i needed that as evidence to clear my name. is that legal?

Medford, OR |

I still have to report as a sex offender, i pleaded guilty to sodomy3,i have completed everything that was asked,and now the courts say they disposed of all my paper work and have no copies. i just think that if i still have to report they should still have my sentencing report where the judge explans the circumstances of the case.

Attorney Answers 1


I believe that you asked this question twice before today, in these threads:

Again, it's not at all clear what you mean by "thrown out." That is not a term with legal meaning. If you plead to a crime, the court should have a copy of the judgment, and there should be a recording of the hearing available as well (though this may depend on how long ago it occurred. These days, all Oregon court proceedings are electronically recorded using a system called FTR ["For The Record"]. You can order an audio CD of any hearing for about $10.). It seems quite unlikely that no copy would have been kept. You should consult in private with an attorney in your area if you have questions about your case. They will know how to obtain a copy of the file. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a referral at 503-684-3763.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics