Sentencing for reckless endangering of another person - is that less severe than sentencing for endangering welfare of children

Pittsburgh, PA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

What is the sentencing guidelines for Pennsylvania , Recklessly endangering another person 18 2705
(stat title 18 stat section 2705). I am not on probation ,this is my first offense. I was originally charged with Endangering welfare of children (pa 18 4304) but thankfully that charge was written down to reckless endangerment of another person. What is the maximum sentence for reckless endangerment, nobody was actually hurt or injured , just potentially could have.If my original charge of child endangerment would have stuck, would I have looked at a harsher sentence?

1. The max sentence for REAP (Recklessly endangering another person) is 1-2 years in prison. It is often preferable to endangering the welfare of a child do to the reduced social stigma that the charge carries.