Sentenced to 5y third DUI- given 5y probation- 2y done-paid restitution-still owe court costs -counseling not done. If i turn

myself in and serve the time - could I get a break- have a great probation officer - says to wait until my judge gets moved out next year. Judge said not early termination of probation at sentencing - so likely no breaks for me. Can't find a job want to move out of Florida and never come back.

Tampa, FL -

Michael Alan Cohen

Michael Alan Cohen

DUI / DWI Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

You should check with attorney who represented you at the time of your plea. If the plea was specific about no early termination and it is in the file, the Judge changing probably will not matter. If you were told not to expect early termination, you can always file a motion asking for it. Most Judges require you to have finished all the terms of your probation, so you will need to pay the court costs and do counselling, and served at least half of your probationary period (21/2 years).

Robert Louis Miller

Robert Louis Miller

DUI / DWI Attorney - Newport Beach, CA

Thank you for your question.

In most states, you can serve time, or do community service, instead of paying a fine. But make sure that you clear it with your probation officer first, especially if you have a good relationship with him or her.

I hope that this helps, but if you have any other questions, feel free to post here. It's my pleasure to help in any way that I can, and best of luck to you.