Sent two identical I-765 applications

River Edge, NJ |

I sent my first application to renew my Employment Authorization Doc on Jan 22nd. However I didn't receive Notice of Action till mid Feb. I called the customer service but they could not track down any new receipt # assigned to me. So I sent another application on Feb 18th. But on 19th I received a Notice of Action for the first application. And on 22nd, I received another Notice of Action with different receipt # for the second application. Should I just wait till one of them gets approved?

One will probably be denied and one hopefully approved. The downside is you loose your filing fees on one of them. Always send everything to USCIS with either priority mail and delivery confirmation or Express Mail or a courier like Fedex, DHL, etc.

2. What would be your alternative? IF your question is whether one could interfere with the process of the other - no, it will not.

3. Yes, please have patience. The process usually takes around 90 days.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.