Sent my I-601 Waiver and now visa bulletin has gone backwards

Asked over 3 years ago - Astoria, NY

I filed my in country I-601 Waiver here in NYC. My case is based on F4 Siblings Category. When I filed for adjustment of status my priority date was April 2001 and it became current on August 2010. I sent my I-601 Waiver after the immigration requested since I was here illegally for more than one here when I left to my home country and came back as parolee. I received my work card and after sending my I-601 waiver I so eager to get a response. Now, the bulletin visa has gone backwards and it is Jan. 2000 for F4 category and my priority date is April 2001. What happens now to my case? Will they put everything on hold or I can still get an approval or denial for the waiver and wait for the CG? I know waivers take a long time but what happens after bulletin visa went backwards?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

9

1

Answered . If the USCIS approves your I-601 waiver before your priority date becomes current, everything will be put on hold. If, however, your I-601 is denied, you should appeal. Otherwise, your I-485 adjustment of status application will be denied.

Please see