Skip to main content

Sent 2 pc mens suit out to be cleaned. they inspectd. came back with streaks all over. sent out again. came back with spots .

Brockton, MA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

spots all over. reply don't know what your going to do?

Attorney Answers 3


read your post a couple times--not sure what you want to know. You may be able to bring a suit for damages if you can't work a deal with the dry cleaner.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Mark as helpful


I am not sure as to your question. You can sue the cleaner in small claims for current value.

No attorney-client relationship is created in responding to this question, and advice provided is based solely on very limited facts presented, and therefore may not be correct. You are advised that it is always best to contact a competent and experienced with the practice of law in the county in which you reside.

Mark as helpful


Your first step should be send the dry cleaners a 93A letter. Mass General Laws ch. 93A is a consumer protection statute. Look up "Massachusetts 93A letter" and you should be able to get all the information you need. If the dry cleaner does not respond to the letter, or you're unhappy with their offer, your next step would be to file a claim in Small Claims Court. You would ask for the cost of restoring the suit or, if that's not possible, replacement cost for the suit.

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics