Senior Victim wants to file complaint against a WV County Prosecutor

Asked over 1 year ago - Beckley, WV

The 80 year old victim of elder financial abuse was poorly represented by the County Prosecutor. A great police investigation was conducted for 6 months. They found forgery, uttering, elder financial abuse, social security fraud and several other provable charges. Criminial was arrested and released on bond. Once in County Prosecutors hands it went all down hill. All my money was stolen except 100.00 but the contracted part time county prosecuator assigned the case felt it was not worth their time. Admitted to me and others present they did not even read the police report or even the financial audit they ordered. No communications for almost a year, then told the case was settled by diversion...I have nothing, not even trust in those who are supppose to protect us.

1. Thomas J Callahan

Answered . Difficult to sue in this situation, I think, but speak to a local attorney ASAP who handles legal malpractice. I would also speak to your State Delegate and Senator, and perhaps contact the state Attorney General's office.