Senative subject? Rape when your are married. I live in NJ while on vacation my wife said one night she was raped.

Asked about 2 years ago - Sparta, NJ

We were in Eastern Europe, she never said anything while were were having intercourse and she did not fight me, yell or do anything that I would associate with rape. It scared me a lot she would even say this. She did not call the police, she did not tell anyone expect me the next day in fact she has not brought it up since that day and we have had intercourse since then. We are having a great vacation and we cuddled the next day and I fear this is a prelude to something else. What if she says the same thing in NJ are the legal issues. I feel like if she would even say this in the first place there is a chance she would do the same thing again.

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

2

Answered . She would have to prove the allegation and your defense was explained in your question.

2. Kenneth A White

Pro

2

Answered . If your wife was to allege "rape" it would be grounds for her to seek a Restraining Order under the Prevention of Domestic Violence Matter. You would have an opportunity to defend yourself. The facts as you provided them may be helpful in securing such a defense.

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I would like to add that appears that this occurred in Europe. This obviously has no impact here because NJ would not have jurisdiction over that incident. You may be referring to a fear that it could occur here in which she claims she was raped in NJ. She may need therapy or both of you may need counselling. It sounds very odd. Your number one concern should be protecting yourself.

4. Mark M Cheser

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. But be careful. Just because you can defend the case does not mean you can not be dragged into the system. Do not engage in play that results in marks or bruises at this time. And no means no.