Seller defaulted--won't return escrow.

Huntsville, AL |

Hi, I gave $500 deposit on a 2-acre plot of land. The seller defaulted on the 30-day contract by missing all of her deadlines for inspection by over 3 months.. It has now been nearly 4 months and a for sale sign is back up on the land, but we still have not received our earnest money back. Seller won't sign "release" forms. Any help would be appreciated.
Betty

No loan was involved---we had cash in hand. We were ready from day one, but let contract lapse after finding a large sink-hole, so we did NOT sign an extension. We are in Alabama.

1. If the land is in escrow, communicate with the escrow company about what is necessary to fix the matter. You might need to sue.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

Business topics