Self sponsored B2 visa documents required???

Raleigh, NC |
Filed under: B-2 tourist visa

My parents planning to come from India To USA on "self sponsored" B2 visa. My husband and I are on L1 and L2 visa respectively. My father is currently employed and planning to take leave and come to USA (for tourism and visit us) . Basically they will be staying with us and we will be showing them around. So what all documents we need to provide them

The focus is not so much on what documents you can provide as much as it is on what your parents can provide. They need to be able to show an intent to return, and the ability to support their stay without unauthorized employment. A letter of invitation and proof of your and your husbands valid immigration status would be helpful, but the focus will often be more on the intent to return home.

Do we need to provide an I34 form?

Rebecca T White

Rebecca T White

No, it is not necessary.

Anything to show they have an intention to return to their home country such as job property family etc.. then it is still at the discretion of the officer to issue a visa... or not

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Your proof of income and pay Stubbs and tax returns and a letter making them an invitation to stay with you. You could use an I-134 form.

This was my doubt. It is said if the visitors are sponsoring themselves ,we dont need to provide I34 form

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

I see your concern. Then you do not give anything. You asked what documents you needed to give them. If you are not involved then nothing.

But , they will be staying with us.

So we can provide an invitation letter, is that correct?

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

You can do it all. There are no set rules here. They do not have to choose. Do both.

Any document showing strong ties to the country.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.