Seeking to get a TN Visa but in 2004 was under parents L1 Visa and got denied I-485. Will that deny me a TN at the border??

Asked 11 months ago - Hollywood, FL

Came to USA under L2 in 2001 until 2008. Then switched to a F-1 Visa and last month came back to Canada. Got a job offer in the States and want to return under TN Visa. Will I get denied at the border because I showed intent to stay in the past and have resided in the states from 2001-2013 doing schooling?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . Probably not,.

2. Norma Lorenzo

1

1

Answered . Hello hope that you are well. From what you are saying you should be fine. Hopefully you didn't overstay your presence etc... Best of luck.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . Truthful facts are needed to answer your question. The fact you failed to depart at the end of your OPT will certainly be a negative factor. You need to consult with and experienced immigration attorney.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . They should not, if your TN application is otherwise approvable.