Seeking lawyer who specializes in immigration and divorce

California |
Filed under: Divorce

hi! i would like to find a lawyer who is specializing in immigration and divorce. my friend is located somewhere in Orange County, CA. hope to hear great responses. thanks.

1. You can check the American Immigration Lawyers Association database here: http://www.ailalawyer.com/. This should help you find a lawyer in the right area and specialization. Immigration law is federal, so a lawyer anywhere in the US could help with the immigration aspect. However, a CA family immigration expert should be familiar with CA divorce law also.

2. The American Immigration Lawyer Association is certainly a good start. You can also check other Bar Organizations such as the Mexican American Bar Association or the Orange County Bar Association. A search right here in avvo might also provide you with some names.

3. Do a Google search or ask your friend to call the local Bar Association for the city/ county in which he lives. Good Luck!

4. As the previous answers state, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) gives a list of attorney's who concentrate in immigration matters. I am a member of AILA. About 25% of my practice concerns immigration matters. I am also an attorney in California concentrating in Family Law (Divorce) matters (about 60%). Since you do not give a specific question, I am unable to respond. But you can set up a free consultation with my office and ask any questions.