Seeking a pro bono lawyer for representation in a federal case.

Asked about 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

In 2011 I was charged with the same crime (fraud) at state level 2 years ago. The case was dismissed. Recently was arrested because the Federal Government reopened the case.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I doubt you will find a pro bono lawyer because so much time and effort goes into defending a federal criminal case. If you are indigent the court will assign you a public defender.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was... more
  2. Daniel DeMaria

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I occasionally take cases pro bono but only if it seems that a grave injustice has been committed. I'm sure many other lawyers feel the same way. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation, and I can see if I can take your case pro bono - no guarantees, and again, you'd have to convince me that a grave injustice has been committed.

    Atty: 845-704-7777. This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.... more
  3. Timothy Witczak

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Due to the cost of defending a federal criminal case, it is unlikely you will find an attorney willing to take your case pro bono. I recommend speaking to the federal defender program in your area if you cannot afford an attorney.

  4. Stephen F Wallace

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . EDNY Federal Defenders - Check out the link below. Take Care!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,859 answers this week

3,305 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,859 answers this week

3,305 attorneys answering