Seeking a pro bono lawyer for representation in a federal case.

Asked about 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

In 2011 I was charged with the same crime (fraud) at state level 2 years ago. The case was dismissed. Recently was arrested because the Federal Government reopened the case.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

10

Answered . I doubt you will find a pro bono lawyer because so much time and effort goes into defending a federal criminal case. If you are indigent the court will assign you a public defender.

2. Daniel DeMaria

6

Answered . I occasionally take cases pro bono but only if it seems that a grave injustice has been committed. I'm sure many other lawyers feel the same way. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation, and I can see if I can take your case pro bono - no guarantees, and again, you'd have to convince me that a grave injustice has been committed.

3. Timothy Witczak

7

Answered . Due to the cost of defending a federal criminal case, it is unlikely you will find an attorney willing to take your case pro bono. I recommend speaking to the federal defender program in your area if you cannot afford an attorney.

4. Stephen F Wallace

6

Answered . EDNY Federal Defenders - Check out the link below. Take Care!