Seeking a lawyer with experience municipal law litigation, suing riverside county for tort

Murrieta, CA |

What kine of attorneys are experienced in suing governental bodies?

1. You need to find a civil litigator. You should look for one on Avvo. But note that there are special rules for suing government entities.

2. DISCLAIMER: THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE NOR DOES IT CREATE AN ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP

Just to add to Mr. Stein's answer, one of the central issues in suing a governmental entity is the statute of limitations. Generally speaking, in California, and depending upon the claim, you would have only six months in which to bring a cause of action. Make sure you find a civil litigator. Don't delay.

3. Have you found a lawyer to take your case yet? I have sucessfully sued govenmental agencies but time is your enemy. You only have six months from the date of the incident to file a WRITTEN CLAIM which conforms to the requirements of Government Code section 910. If you fail to do so, you may be barred from suing. If you are still seeking legal counsel, I would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

4. I would need more information about your case to answer your question. I can tell you that I have successfully represented numerous clients against governental entities in the past, and that your most pressing concern (as pointed out above) is the six-month deadline.