Seeking a capable Personal Injury Attorney- to represent me against makers of Depo Provera my detailed experience below.

Asked 9 months ago - Atlanta, GA

Taken From ages 18-21 for approx 2- 3 years. I received the injections all in the state of TN. ( last one approx 12 years ago in 2001)
Background: In their Package insert it states that return to menses usually takes 1-2 years or more further states that in some people may take longer if it returns at all, clearly states that there is a correlation bw women who have taken depo in their own studies 50% had permanent amenorrhea- absense of a mense) linked to fertility challenges. (So while no definitive correlation their certainly is a strong causal affect that has been recognized)
in 2004- the FDA issued a black box warning for all the side effects they neglected to disclose previously and were fined, etc.
by 2005/ 2006- now 4 yrs no menses, when I was formally diagnosed with PCOS- an incurable condition that causes fertility challenges at best. ( no applicable statute or negligence for a claim here bc its different for everyone on their expected return to mense even with PCOS. ( listed in precautions, warnings, adverse events table)
(Though I can say with confidence now at year 15 no Mense its the Depo period and the studies and packaging would back that up)
in 2007- I was diagnosed with DDD- Degenerative disk disease of the spine, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteopenia, etc. (DDD is progressive and also irreversible condition. At the time my medical records as documented have the cause listed as unknown and mentioned a childhood fall could be the result.
By 2010- It got bad enough as my nerves continued to die from the DDD condition and required I have surgery: a cervical fusion that was to have resolved additional future damage or at least slow its progression. so I again couldn't seek to find a reason to pursue a cause or claim against depo since via the 6 doctors specialists i saw/ neuro and orthopods listed cause: again as unknown. (Even if Pfizer the maker of depo was then being investigated for a causal relationship in use of the drug and bone loss, I certainly couldn't fathom why and how something I took in my teens to early 20's would have long lasting impact years after its discontinuation) More so and in hindsight no medical provider questioned why at my age would i have DDD a condition common in the elderly not those in their early 20's neither did I, believed surgery would be the end of it.
After some research that wasn't mass publicized or easily accessible i.e.- their investigation in 2007 resulted in thousands of suits and settlements for those injured from depo induced bone loss by 2011
2012- after symptoms of hearing loss with a sudden onset- ENT found that cause of now hearing loss was "unsurprisingly bone loss" the protective peace between my drums and the very inner tube from ear ro brain had been disrupted and broken down. 2013- 2 years post spinal fusion I'm found to be worse off than I was prior to the surgery also not common for undergoing such an invasive procedure for its quick unexpected return even in a degenerative situation. In seeking my own answers outside of those that prescribed the drug to me, those that diagnosed me with the conditions suffered and surgeries had without questioning the "why", I'm going after the manufacturer like others who did so and were successful. The Biggest blame and liability falls on the drug company itself's for its negligence in AE reporting, the lack of mass publicism for its bone loss effects that were undergoing investigation since 2007 with a recent resolve 2011 etc, and now new claims linked to breast cancer. I have as much right to Sue as anyone else and will fight any statute set forth by the drug company since I the typical/ general consumer can't have the foresight beyond various specialists seen who couldn't identify the cause themselves- given again a lack of transparency on the manufacturers end for the lifelong implications that could result years after use and discontinuation of this "bad drug".

No generic advice- contact your local Attorney for advice, or statute limitations crap.. Out of my jurisdiction, passing me on to another firm that doesent specialize in product injury or depo specifically. All a giant waste of time. Thank you whoever suggested google like I'm the village idiot, I've had to resort to this site not by choice but because of limited info that's apparently highly confidential and shady from experience with the firms encountered thus far. I'm here strictly to solicit representation period, any comments, advice, or obvious statements are distracting and really questions your ability in reading comprehension.

1. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

6

Answered . You clearly have taken the time to document a detailed health history and you are correct that there are clear linkages between depo and bone loss/menses issues. Whether or not your specific condition lends itself to a successful challenge requires some investigation. I can go into more detail if you reach out sometime this week.

2. Tanya Marie Bachand

6

Answered . I understand you don't want generic advice, but I'm going to give it anyway. This is not the way to seek out an attorney. Asking questions here is precisely for generic advice. Look under the "Find a Lawyer" tab, because the way this works is YOU contact the lawyer, not the other way around. Look for someone with extensive products liability experience, and a big firm that has the financial ability to tackle this case. Best of luck to you, I hope you get the answers you are seeking.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Daniel Knight Dinneen

Pro

5

Answered . Pfizer settle a number of Depo Provera class actions in 2010. You may qualify as a member of one if these classes. I do not personally handle these cases, but all you need to do is a google/bing/yahoo search for "depo provera class action." Dollars to donuts says whichever firm is representing the most of these clients will pop up as one of the sponsored links.

4. David Ian Schoen

2

Answered . What you need is a free and lengthy consultation with an attorney that is familiar with these actions. You have done a good job of analyzing your situation, but the extent of the information provided is a bit much to expect the attorneys of this site to respond to. There is a back and forth that needs to be had to fully comprehend, digest and give you advise on. Good luck in your search for the answers.

Pro

2

Answered . A tiny handful of lawyers handle these claims so Google "depo-provera lawsuit" to find the list.