Second green card interview

Chicago, IL |

my wife and i went for green card interview 5 month ago. the officer said we had to come back for a second interview. my question is how long does it take to get a second interview from the time of the first one.

1. How long between interviews? There is no set period of time .. it could be a year, or more ... depending on what they're checking.

Now for MY QUESTION: When are you going to make an appointment with an immigration lawyer? This delay indicates that there is a potential problem with your case. Hire a lawyer now ... don't wait for things to blow-up.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Impossible to predict. Could be a few months.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. The timing may be unpredictable from a few months to years. The most important question is why you are called in for a second interview. What triggered the second interview? Are you prepared for a possible Stokes interview? You need to speak with a immigration attorney ASAP.

4. I agree with my esteemed colleagues. The fact that you had a second interview scheduled indicates to me that something must not have gone too well in the first interview. An appointment with an immigration attorney can help you shed light on what may have gone wrong, and how you may be able to ultimately prevail. Don't take the risk of not being represented the second time around when there are some obvious issues with your application.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

5. The second AOS interview most definitely indicates a problem with the entire case. Hire a counsel as soon as possible.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

6. Several months to a year. Do not go into this interview alone or unprepared.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Marriage and prenups topics