Second DUI, how long will I lose my license for? Can I get TASK again?

Asked about 1 year ago - Peekskill, NY

Got pulled over and charged with failing to blow. This is my second DUI, how long will I lose my license for? Can I get Task and probation again? Or, will I go to jail? This is in Westchester. thanks!!

it's a felony dwi.

1. Christopher Irvin Simser

8

Answered . As my colleagues suggest, more information is needed. It is information you should be giving to an attorney, so retain one as quickly as you can!

The likelihood of jail, and the amount of time you will lose your license, depend on what your overall criminal record is, what your drinking and driving record is, and when your most recent DWI conviction was. I will hazard a guess you will lose your license for at least one year.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
    Anelli Xavier
    Syracuse - Albany - Rochester - Buffalo
    1-800-DWI-TEAM

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Probation again? I assume that means you were convicted of the misdemeanor the first time. If that was within the past 10 years your new case is a felony and you could be looking at jail. I suggest you hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

6

Answered . No one can guess whether you will get jail. It depends on the prior, how old it is, and the facts of the new case. Tasc may be an option. Hire a good attorney.
    Your license may be revoked for at least 6 months to a year depending on the final outcome.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

4. Marco Caviglia

Pro

4

Answered . In addition, despite your completing the revocation period, you might not be able to have your license restored for years, depending upon the rest of your driving history. You can go to my website and drill down to the subject under Legal Guides.

5. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

2

Answered . At least 1 year if convicted.