Second Dui/ Fines

Asked over 1 year ago - York, PA

im on my 2nd dui, I did jail time, home monitoring, and counseling, ive got left is a fine left of 4185.00 has to be paid by june 2015 my probation end date.... the way the jobs have been since this all happened, im not going to be able to pay it in that time, plus my army vet husband wants me to move do to his depression /temper whos got 2 duis but way less then me. is there anything I can do, besides keep trying to find work, that ultamtely I know will not give me enough to pay in time. that's my worry...

Additional information

all I can find are temp jobs, that are very short term and my credit isn't enough for a loan, and no one to borrow from .What are my options.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I do not see the Court reducing the fines or costs especially since some are mandatory. The Court will often time extend the sentence to allow for more time to pay. Pay what you can and I'm sure the Court will work with you. Good luck.

  2. Adam D. Zucker


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have been compliant and made reasonable effort to pay fines and cost and have in fact paid a good amount toward your fines and costs it is not unheard of for the court to reduce or waive the balance of your fines and costs if there is good cause. You will need to retain counsel to assist you.

    This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any... more
  3. Theodore H. Swan Jr.


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Zucker. It may be premature to petition the court but make your concerns known to your PO. Go back to your original attorney, if possible, and ask that they help you petition the court for a waiver or reduction. He/she will also have to contact your PO and see if they agree with what you are trying to do. Good luck.

  4. Lidia L. Alperovich


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will need to petition the court

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Criminal fines for DUI

If you are convicted for DUI, there are a number of different fines that the state can impose on you.

Jessica Ruth Towne

DUI & Minors (under 21)

Financial Implications In addition to your court fees, DUI fines, DUI school tuition, license reinstatement fees, towing charges, probation fees, the cost of missing school and work to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,715 answers this week

2,284 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,715 answers this week

2,284 attorneys answering