Second degree misdemeanor will affect the prospects of my Green card??

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

Few months ago I met with an accident in florida. Cop gave me two citation for 1. improper backing and 2.hit and run unattended vehicle.

I have engaged an attorney.Still case is going on. My attorney requested for the dismissal of the case. Other side my husband and I are planning to apply for the green card(EB 2 category). I
am his dependent.

I am worried, if my case doesn't get dismissed then How this second degree misdemeanor will affect the prospects of my Green card?

Thanks

1. Amanda Ackerman Condon

4

Answered . This isn't a question a criminal defense attorney can answer. An immigration attorney is best suited to answer your question.

Amanda Ackerman Condon
    Piscitelli Law Firm
    Cleveland, Ohio 44143
    (216)931-7000
    amanda@feplaw.com
    www.forjusticenow.com

2. Michael R Crosner

4

Answered . You should consult with a OH immigration attorney - many do not charge for an initial consultation. Good luck

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague that you should consult an experienced immigration attorney. This is especially true before you enter any plea arrangement. The impact this criminal matter will have on your green card application will depend upon the final outcome of the case. It will hinge on what you crime you are convicted of, sentence imposed, admissions you made, etc.

4. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.