Seccion 212(a)(6)(C)(ii), Seccion 212(a)(9)(

Hart, MI |

My husband and I started his papers in the yr 2003 & after many yra of paper work and time we finally got an appointmemt in ciudad juarez in july 2008, at the time of appointment he was finger printed and it came up to find that in the year 2001 he had attempted to cross the border using a family members papers, he was deport but was.never given any paper work... He was denied his visa and was told there was no wavier for this offense and that was it, my queation is if there is anything we can do.... Ive heard of others doing the same and only getting a 10yr bar, which in that case would.be this year for us .... .. I need help in knowing if there is anything I.can do, ive been working on this for 10 yrs now

It would be very important to see the papers that your husband was given at his interview at Ciudad Juarez in July 2008, when U.S. immigration officials denied his application. Do you still have those papers? It would also be helpful to request that the U.S. government provide copies of all immigration-related documents. I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about this situation.

This internet-based communication with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

The only paper my husband was given was a sheet that they were able to check off boxes with the appropriate deinal reasons. He had the sections mentioned in my title checked off on the paper that was given. Seccion 212(a)(6)(C)(ii), Seccion 212(a)(9)(B)(II), and Seccion 212(a)(9)(C)(I).

i have contacted many lawyers and alll of them say there is nothing I can do. When i look online others give me hope, After 10yrs, Im hoping for anything.... Thanks for the help

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Section 212(a)(6)(C)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that a person who falsely claims to be a U.S. Citizen for purposes of immigration benefits (such as entry to the USA) or for certain other reasons is inadmissible. Again, in order to completely analyze your husband's case and to give legal advice, you should consult with an immigration attorney about the situation.

Thank you for the help........

Section 212(a)(6)(C)(ii) is a false claim to US citizenship. There is no waiver for this immigration law violation because it happened after 1996. To be able to determine if that in fact applies to him, a copy of his file must be obtained to see if there a way to fight that determination. However, it is an uphill battle. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I was told by one of the lawyer, that this could be a possiblity but I would have to get copies of what immigration has, I have attempted for about a year now to get copies, Ive emailed and called with not help... Do you know of what is the best way to get the copy of his files from cuidad Juarez, which is where he had his appointment, and the yr of offense was in 2001...

Javier G Pineda

Javier G Pineda

You need to request a copy of his file under the Freedom of Information Act. FOIA.

ok can you tell me how to do that? Is there somewhere I can call for it? or email?

I have tried emailing a bunch of imm email address but no luck.....

I agree with my colleagues ... he needs to get a copy of his file.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Can you.please advise how to do that??

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

http://www.uscis.gov/g-639

I agree with my colleagues that a complete review by an experienced immigration attorney is essential before any additional time or money is spent trying to bring him back to the US. Unfortunately, there are some situations where a person cannot return. The only way to know is by scheduling a consultation with an attorney. If you do not have your husband's documents, an attorney can help you obtain them through FOIA.

Do youbhave an example? I just.find it hard to believe that he would never have a chance...

Heather Louise Garvock

Heather Louise Garvock

Examples: People who have made a false claim to US citizenship (inadmissible for life with no waiver), People who have filed frivolous asylum applications (inadmissible for life with no waiver); People deported after certain convictions (depending on conviction, could be lifetime with no waiver possible); persons with a particular pattern/history of unlawful presence/removals combined with unlawful entries may trigger the "Permanent Bar" (bar is "permanent", but waivable 10 years after exit). Please see an experienced immigration attorney who can review his file. You may even want to get a second opinion. But please proceed with caution. The unscrupulous have no problem telling you what you want to hear so that they can get to your money.

I know that it make sense but he had never been in trouble before that, and it was his first attempting to cross... Is it normal he would.get a lifetime bar???

Heather Louise Garvock

Heather Louise Garvock

I think that you would understand the law and the consequences of certain actions a bit more if you spoke to an attorney in person.