Seccion 212(a)(6)(C)(ii), Seccion 212(a)(9)(

My husband and I started his papers in the yr 2003 & after many yra of paper work and time we finally got an appointmemt in ciudad juarez in july 2008, at the time of appointment he was finger printed and it came up to find that in the year 2001 he had attempted to cross the border using a family members papers, he was deport but was.never given any paper work... He was denied his visa and was told there was no wavier for this offense and that was it, my queation is if there is anything we can do.... Ive heard of others doing the same and only getting a 10yr bar, which in that case would.be this year for us .... .. I need help in knowing if there is anything I.can do, ive been working on this for 10 yrs now

Hart, MI -

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

It would be very important to see the papers that your husband was given at his interview at Ciudad Juarez in July 2008, when U.S. immigration officials denied his application. Do you still have those papers? It would also be helpful to request that the U.S. government provide copies of all immigration-related documents. I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about this situation.

Javier G Pineda

Javier G Pineda

Immigration Attorney - Santa Ana, CA

Section 212(a)(6)(C)(ii) is a false claim to US citizenship. There is no waiver for this immigration law violation because it happened after 1996. To be able to determine if that in fact applies to him, a copy of his file must be obtained to see if there a way to fight that determination. However, it is an uphill battle. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

Heather Louise Garvock

Heather Louise Garvock

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

I agree with my colleagues that a complete review by an experienced immigration attorney is essential before any additional time or money is spent trying to bring him back to the US. Unfortunately, there are some situations where a person cannot return. The only way to know is by scheduling a consultation with an attorney. If you do not have your husband's documents, an attorney can help you obtain them through FOIA.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I agree with my colleagues ... he needs to get a copy of his file.