Skip to main content

Seccion 212(a)(6)(C)(ii), Seccion 212(a)(9)(

Hart, MI |

My husband and I started his papers in the yr 2003 & after many yra of paper work and time we finally got an appointmemt in ciudad juarez in july 2008, at the time of appointment he was finger printed and it came up to find that in the year 2001 he had attempted to cross the border using a family members papers, he was deport but was.never given any paper work... He was denied his visa and was told there was no wavier for this offense and that was it, my queation is if there is anything we can do.... Ive heard of others doing the same and only getting a 10yr bar, which in that case this year for us .... .. I need help in knowing if there is anything I.can do, ive been working on this for 10 yrs now

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    It would be very important to see the papers that your husband was given at his interview at Ciudad Juarez in July 2008, when U.S. immigration officials denied his application. Do you still have those papers? It would also be helpful to request that the U.S. government provide copies of all immigration-related documents. I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about this situation.

    This internet-based communication with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  2. Section 212(a)(6)(C)(ii) is a false claim to US citizenship. There is no waiver for this immigration law violation because it happened after 1996. To be able to determine if that in fact applies to him, a copy of his file must be obtained to see if there a way to fight that determination. However, it is an uphill battle. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

    714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. I agree with my colleagues ... he needs to get a copy of his file.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  4. I agree with my colleagues that a complete review by an experienced immigration attorney is essential before any additional time or money is spent trying to bring him back to the US. Unfortunately, there are some situations where a person cannot return. The only way to know is by scheduling a consultation with an attorney. If you do not have your husband's documents, an attorney can help you obtain them through FOIA.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics